Dr. Alicia Clark offers year-long postdoctoral fellowships to qualified PhD or PsyD graduates, looking to expand their outpatient experience in the treatment of anxiety, relationship, and mood issues using the most up-to-date evidence-based strategies drawing from traditional psychotherapy as well as positive psychology and neuroscience. Part-time, competitively paid position to include Fridays, evening, and/or weekend hours to start. Generous office space, patient referrals, and supervision provided.
Dr. Clark has been a licensed psychologist in the DC area for more than 20 years and her thriving practice has been featured as a Top Doctor by the Washingtonian. The author of Hack Your Anxiety, a #1 New Release on Amazon in 2018, her writing on anxiety, relationship stress, and parenting/teen development has been featured in publications like The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo!, Glamour, Huffington Post, PsychCentral, and Psychology Today. Clark is passionate about combating stigma surrounding mental health, and has been a popular invited speaker on stress, anxiety, and wellness. She is committed to providing excellence in psychological practice and nourishing early career psychologists, having served three years as adjunct faculty at the Chicago School teaching Advanced Psychopathology and Applied Clinical Practice.
Qualified candidates interested in applying for this postdoctoral fellowship should have the following credentials:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program
- Completion of a Pre-Doctoral Internship at an APA-accredited internship site.
- Active license/license-eligible to practice psychology in the District of Columbia.
- Excellent therapeutic rapport-building and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to individualized, results-driven treatment.
- Experience with classic therapeutic modalities of Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral, and Existential strategies, with interest in applied Positive Psychology.
- Demonstrated interest in adolescent, young adult, and adult psychotherapy.
- Strong orientation for collegiality and contributing to a growing team of therapists striving to change mental health care practice.
- Keen interest in utilizing technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Availability to see clients during evenings/weekends.
Alicia is currently accepting applications for her 2019-2020 Postdoctoral Fellowship.
What fellows will receive in this PostDoctoral Fellowship:
- Part-time outpatient psychotherapy experience with a range of adolescent and adult clients from the Washington area.
- Expert supervision, training, and mentoring in empirically supported therapies, including psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, existential, and applied positive psychology.
- Practical insights required to run a full-fee therapy practice in the age of digital communication and digital/content marketing.
- Accumulation of licensure hours.
- Competitive compensation to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are interested in applying for a postdoctoral fellowship, please send a cover letter and CV to . All qualified candidates will be reviewed and replied to.