Clark Psychology Group is a boutique Washington DC psychology practice that provides specialized psychotherapy and coaching services for a variety of concerns including coping with anxiety, relationships, work and parenting stress. We offer individual, couple, and family therapy on a fee-for-service basis, and are seeking a compassionate, motivated, and open-minded therapist to join the practice as an independent contractor to help meet a growing demand for adolescent and adult treatment for anxiety, relationships, and wellness. Must be licensed or license-eligible in DC. Excellent earning potential.
Dr. Clark has been a licensed psychologist in the DC area for more than 20 years and her practice has been featured as a Top Doctor by the Washingtonian. The author of Hack Your Anxiety, a #1 New Release on Amazon in 2018, her writing on anxiety, relationship stress, and parenting/teen development has been featured in publications like The New York Times, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo!, Glamour, Huffington Post, PsychCentral, and Psychology Today. Clark is passionate about combating stigma surrounding mental health, and has been a popular invited speaker on stress, anxiety, and wellness.
Our practice offers a fantastic opportunity to grow, develop and hone a clinical niche in anxiety management, receive support in the nuts and bolts of private practice, and maintain independence and freedom to practice as you choose. We aim to build a supportive work culture that fosters professional development and encourages clinical growth, while embracing evidence-based treatment, progressive thinking, and client-centered care. The intention is that psychologists joining the team will feel fulfilled, nurtured, and challenged in their work. If needed, supervision will be provided.
Receive referrals through practice marketing as well as PsychologyToday.com.
Control over work hours while you build a case load over time, including Fridays, evening, and/or weekend hours to start.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced and dedicated psychologists in a collegial professional atmosphere.
Electronic medical record, business email, and billing management services provided. All billing matters managed through online portal.
Furnished spacious office in a metro accessible building in the heart of Dupont Circle.
- Receive supervision (if needed) toward licensure while completed
Qualified candidates will have the following credentials:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology or Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited program or licensed MA, MS, or MSW from an accredited program with 5 years experience.
- Completion of a Pre-Doctoral Internship at an APA-accredited internship site, or 5 years post-Master's clinical practice.
- Active license/license-eligible to practice psychology in the District of Columbia.
- Excellent therapeutic rapport-building and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to individualized, results-driven treatment.
- Experience with classic therapeutic modalities of Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral, and Existential strategies, with interest in applied Positive Psychology.
- Demonstrated Interest in anxiety, relationship issues, and wellness.
- Experience working with adolescent, young adult, and adult clients.
- Strong orientation for collegiality and contributing to a growing team of therapists striving to change mental health care practice.
- Keen interest in utilizing technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based psychotherapy.
- Availability to see clients Fridays, evenings/weekends.
- Current CV and clinical references.
To learn more about Clark Psychology Group, check out our website or contact us for more information.
To learn about the Postdoctoral Fellowship, click here.
To apply, please email Dr. Clark a CV and cover letter describing your clinical experiences, specialization, any advanced training, and your reasons for your interest in this position at